You bought a ukulele!
You have come to the right place.
Step One: Go here and check this out and then come back: Jolly Roger Ukulele
Step Two: If you live in Denver and want an in-person experience go here and search for keyword "Ukulele": Lakewood Arts
You should know: We teach zillions of classes and they're super cheap (on purpose)! We'll make you a great player if you'll practice a teeny bit and keep showing up. We've been doing this a long time and have a system that works. Pick a way that is most comfortable for you to learn and we'll rawk your socks off together. It will lead you to headlining (probably) at Red Rocks.
Rocky Mountain Ukulele Orchestra offers the most options at better prices than anyplace else. Don't be confused by our rates ... our programs are WORLD CLASS and if you live near Denver you have access to the most advanced community ukulele program on Earth. We're not messing around with this! You'll find prettier teachers on YouTube, more famous ukulele-ists at a local festival, cool bro's teaching the song you like just about everywhere, but you won't find a program as expansive and comprehensive as this one. You are in the right place if you'll keep showing up and if you'll practice a little bit.
Whether you're new to music or the ukulele, or if you've been playing awhile, before showing up to play with the orchestra, you're gonna need to get on the same wavelength with us. We have a daring plan to dominate the known universe and tackling the orchestra without some background can easily overwhelm even the hardiest of souls.
We will teach you to survive a large orchestra, encourage you to play with smaller groups, and even become a legendary soloist if you wanna put in the work. We don't believe in life-long lessons, we believe in life-long making music in solo and ensemble settings.
Workshops at YOUR Location
- We offer ukulele team-building workshops and ukulele camps for kids and adults all over Colorado. If you've fallen in love with the ukulele, you can bet there are others at your workplace or in your community that would love to join you in the fun.
- Times, locations, and fees are all negotiable, so drop us an email and let us know what your big idea sounds like and we can help you turn it into ukulele magic. Email: email@example.com
- Get more information on Gary Jugert's teaching studio.
Locations & Organizations
- GMUMC: Green Mountain United Methodist: 12755 W Cedar Dr, Lakewood, CO 80228 Enter through basement door on the north east corner. Call (303) 984-0777 to register for information about GMUMC events.
- World (Domination) Headquarters: Historic Grant Avenue: 216 S Grant St, Denver, CO 80209 Enter through south door under the maroon awning. Call (303) 984-0777 to register for activities happening at Grant Street.
- LCC: Lakewood Cultural Center: 470 S Allison Pkwy, Lakewood, CO 80226 Lots of parking in the parking garage. Enter any way you can. Call (303) 987-7845 to register for activities happening at LCC.
- Libraries: For free library classes, contact the library to register. Loaner ukes are available.
Coming this fall in Lakewood
If you live in Denver and want an in-person experience go here and search for keyword "Ukulele": Lakewood Arts
Everything you could possibly need to start teaching ukulele the right way along with developing school-based ukulele orchestras, acquiring the necessary gear, guest lectures, multi-part arrangements, and meeting state standards is all on our teaching site at Jolly Roger Ukulele. We have a fully developed curriculum and a teacher's certification program to help you be successful teaching anybody between 10 and 110 years old. If you are already teaching music, we can help you include the ukulele into what you're already doing without sacrificing any of the traditional educational paradigms. Our teacher trainers are ready to introduce you to the revolution we've begun in the standard classroom, in community instruction, in private lessons, and even in the workplace where team building and stress management are a perfect match for the ukulele.
Need a Teacher?
Are you looking for a teacher to help you (or your child, or your friend, or your brother-in-law, or your worst enemy) become the rawk star the ukulele world is clamoring for? Start by reading our "Learn to Play" page first, or by calling us directly at 303-984-0777. We have lots of programs and opportunities and teachers looking to help you get started on an amazing musical journey.