Come take a class ...
they're cheap and fun!
Call to Register: 303-987-5436:
The Lakewood Heritage, Culture and the Arts programming website has all the most current brochures and information for you to investigate HERE.
Almost Every Sunday
- Ukulele Orchestra: Sundays at 2 p.m.
- Check our calendar HERE to make sure it's not an "off" week.
- Meets at Lakewood Cultural Center. There is a $5 weekly drop-in fee.
- Wednesday Ukulele 1-day Workshop: Jan 22 (Wednesday 6-8 @LCC) $18
- Guitar: Jan 25-Feb 15 (Saturdays 10-11 & 11:30-12:30 @LCC) $28/$23
- Introduction to Ukulele: Jan 29-Mar 5 (Wednesdays 6-8 @LCC) $68/$63
- Saturday Ukulele 1-day Workshop: Mar 8 (Saturday 10:30-12:30 @WH) $18
- Introduction to Ukulele: Mar 12-Apr 16 (Wednesdays 6-8 @LCC) $68/$63
- Guitar: Mar 15-Apr 5 (Saturdays 10-11 & 11:30-12:30 @LCC) $28/$23
- Cowboy Ukulele: Apr 23-May 14 (Wednesdays 6-8 @LCC) $48/$43
Classes are held either at the Lakewood Cultural Center or the Washington Heights Arts Center. Check the location before heading out to your first class so you'll be on time.
************** COURSE DESCRIPTIONS ***********************
ONE-DAY WORKSHOP: You should come to the one-day workshop if you're new to the ukulele. We will focus on buying and tuning your instrument, strumming techniques, basic chord shapes, reading tablature and playing melody lines. We'll even learn how to combine chords and melody so you'll sound like a professional.
INTRODUCTION TO UKULELE: These six-week workshops are an in-depth exploration of the ukulele and focused around your needs whether you are new to music or have been playing another instrument for a long time. We'll get straight to sheet music, music theory, combining melody and harmony, building your repertoire, composing in major keys, and developing your performance skills. I am certified in James Hill's method and we use lots of his ideas to make the education both fun and effective.
INTRODUCTION TO GUITAR: These four-week workshops are a way to jump start that old desire to play one of the world's great instruments. We'll study sheet music, music theory, combining melody and harmony, building your repertoire, and developing your performance skills. The beginner class will focus on correct playing techniques, solo playing, and ensemble playing. The on-going class will offer students a weekly chance to play with others in a supportive environment. Bring an acoustic guitar please.
All of the classes will encourage you to seek out additional private instruction from some of our local teachers, will make you more aware of musical resources in our community, and bring peace, joy and harmony to others who see you wielding our humble instruments.
We've received a lot of support from the city of Lakewood and Jim Olson to get this going, so we're working to make sure we deliver way more than you'd expect for such a tiny fee. Please be in contact with us, come join us for a class, and bring a friend too.
Unless you want your head to hurt and your soul to be damaged, I wouldn't recommend it, but if you want to know more about me, you can tour my personal website.
Get high "G" ~ Legal in Colorado. :)
History of our classes:
- One Day Workshop: Jan 26
- Intro to Ukulele: Jan 30-Mar 6
- One Day Workshop: Mar 9
- Intro to Ukulele: Mar 13-Apr 17
- Broadway Show Tunes: Apr 24-May 15
- One Day Workshop: June 5
- Intro to Ukulele: Jun 12-Jul 17
- One Day Workshop: July 20
- One Day Workshop: Sep 14
- Intro to Ukulele: Sep 18-Oct 23
- Guitar Workshop: Oct 19
- Intro to Guitar: Nov 2-23
- Ukulele Christmas: Nov 13-Dec 11
- Jan 28: One Day Workshop
- Feb 2: One Day Workshop
- Feb 4-Mar 8: Six Week Intro
- Mar 10: One Day Workshop
- Mar 15-Apr 19: Six Week Intro
- March 18: Ukulele Orchestra
- Apr 25-May 16: Want More Uke
- Jun 6: One Day Workshop
- Jun13-Jul 25: Six Week Intro
- Jul 21: One Day Workshop
- Sep 8: One Day Workshop
- Sep 19-Oct 24: Six Week Intro
- Oct 6: One Day Workshop
- Nov 7-Nov 28: Holiday Favorites