Get better fast.
Come take a class!
Call to Register: 303-987-5436:
- Ukulele Orchestra: Ongoing (Sundays 3-5 @WH) $5 drop-in fee
- Saturday Workshop: Jan 26 (Saturday 10:30-12:30 @WH) $18
- Intro to Ukulele: Jan 30-Mar 6 (Wednesdays 6-8 @LCC) $68/$63
- Saturday Workshop: Mar 9 (Saturday 10:30-12:30 @WH) $18
- Intro to Ukulele: Mar 13-Apr 17 (Wednesdays 6-8 @LCC) $68/$63
- Want More Uke? Apr 24-May 15 (Wednesdays 6-8 @LCC) $48/$43
- Campfire Songs on Ukulele: June 1, 15 & 29 (Saturdays 10-12 @Barn!) $36/$31
- Wednesday Workshop: June 5 (Wednesday 6-8 @LCC) $18
- Intro to Ukulele: Jun 12-Jul 17 (Wednesdays 6-8 @LCC) $68/$63
- Saturday Workshop: July 20 (Saturday 10-12 @WH) $18
- Saturday Workshop: Sep 14 (Saturday 10-12 @WH) $18
- Intro to Ukulele: Sep 18-Oct 23 (Wednesdays 6-8 @LCC) $68/$63
- Guitar Workshop: Oct 19 (Saturday 10-12 @WH) $18
- Intro to Guitar: Nov 2-23 (Saturdays 10-12 @WH) $48/$43
- Ukulele Christmas: Nov 13-Dec 11 (Wednesdays 6-8 @LCC) $48/$43
Classes are held either at the Lakewood Cultural Center, or the Washington Heights Arts Center, or the Lakewood Heritage Center. Check the location before heading out to your first class so you'll be on time. Register online HERE. Or make it easy and just call Washington Heights: 303-987-5436.
************** COURSE DESCRIPTIONS ***********************
ONE-DAY WORKSHOP: You should come to the one-day workshop if you're new to the ukulele. We will focus on buying and tuning your ukulele, strumming techniques, basic chord shapes, reading tablature and playing melody lines. We'll even learn how to combine chords and melody so your ukulele will do the singing for you
INTRODUCTION TO UKULELE: These six-week workshops are an in-depth exploration of the ukulele and focused around your needs whether you are new to music or have been playing another instrument for a long time. We'll get straight to sheet music, music theory, combining melody and harmony, building your repertoire, composing in major keys, and developing your performance skills. I am certified in James Hill's method and we use lots of his ideas to make the education both fun and effective
CAMPFIRE SONGS ON THE UKULELE: Get ready to rock your summer mountain vacation or beach festivities. Bring a playable ukulele and your singing voice and we'll see how many must-have sing-along tunes and chords we can master before you head out to teach your best camp buddies how to party ukulele style
All of the classes will encourage you to seek out additional private instruction from some of our local teachers, will make you more aware of musical resources in our community, and bring peace, joy and harmony to others who see you wielding our humble instrument.
We've received a lot of support from the city of Lakewood and Jim Olson to get this going, so we're working to make sure we deliver way more than you'd expect for such a tiny fee. Please be in contact with us, come join us for a class, and bring a friend too.
If you want to know more about me, you can tour my personal website, but unless you want your head to hurt and your soul to be damaged, I wouldn't recommend it.
Get high "G" ~ Legal in Colorado. :)
History of our classes:
Jan 26: One Day Workshop
Jan 30-Mar 6: Six Week Intro
Mar 9: One Day Workshop
Mar 13-Apr 17: Six Week Intro
Apr 24-May 15: Want More Uke
Jan 28: One Day Workshop
Feb 2: One Day Workshop
Feb 4-Mar 8: Six Week Intro
Mar 10: One Day Workshop
Mar 15-Apr 19: Six Week Intro
March 18: Ukulele Orchestra
Apr 25-May 16: Want More Uke
Jun 6: One Day Workshop
Jun13-Jul 25: Six Week Intro
Jul 21: One Day Workshop
Sep 8: One Day Workshop
Sep 19-Oct 24: Six Week Intro
Oct 6: One Day Workshop
Nov 7-Nov 28: Want More Uke